Art in action under the the blue skies of Winnebago’s west shore – join the Oshkosh Fine Arts Association Plein Air Festival June 20 – 23 as an array of local and national artists who have left their studios behind to paint throughout Oshkosh.
The free, family-friendly weekend event is based upon the idea of “en Plein Air”, which is French for painting outdoors.
Here’s a preview of the weekend’s events:
- Thursday’s kick-off starts at the beautiful Paine Art Center Gardens from 9-noon.
- Also on Thursday, artists can be found along the Fox River, at the Fox River Brewing Company from 5-8pm.
- Friday kicks off with a sunrise painting at The Waters from 6-10am.
- Friday afternoon there will be opportunities for the artists to paint on the EAA grounds including their beautiful nature center.
- Saturday morning, The Oshkosh Farmer’s Market will be hosting artists from 7am-12:30pm.
- Painting sessions are expected to take place throughout the community on Saturday.
- On Sunday, the public is invited to the Patron Sale and Reception at The Waters from 10am-1pm, with light hors d’oeuvres served along with a cash bar. Paintings will be available for purchase, while awards will be handed out. Tickets for the reception are $20/person and are available on the Oshkosh Fine Arts Association website: www.oshkoshfinearts.org or at the door.
Images courtesy of Oshkosh Fine Arts Association.