Independent Racket Nights to feature 18 bands at 4 rotating venues in Oshkosh, sponsored by Bare Bones Brewery
The Steve Trier Band, Copper Box, Tyler & the Streeters, and Horace Greene are just a few of the 18 original bands that will be playing as part of the 2018 Independent Racket Nights original music series. The Thursday shows will rotate between four local venues, with O’Marro’s hosting the launch on May 3, 2018.
Set times are early, with the opening band taking the stage at 7:30pm. Music wraps up before 11pm each night. Thanks to the support of the venues, shows will not have a cover charge. The second band each night will be from outside of Oshkosh, introducing new music to the community. The series will take off the months of July and August with no shows during Waterfest.
Bare Bones Brewery will be pouring local craft beer at each show, and is serving as the key sponsor of this series. Bare Bones sits at 4362 County Hwy S just west of Oshkosh along the Wiouwash Trail, where they have brewed traditional and creative craft beers since 2015. Additional sponsors include The Exclusive Company, Offbeat Press, and Visit Oshkosh.
Visit www.oshkoshmusic.org for updates and more information about upcoming live music shows in Oshkosh.
Here is the line up with dates and venues:
May 3, 2018: O’Marro’s
– Steve Trier Band (pic), Karate School (Appleton), Nature: The Band
June 7, 2018: Fletch’s (Special 4 band evening)
– Nordlund, Tyler & the Streeters (Appleton, pic by Tony McNamara), The Wisconsin Magic, Noell Kaylene
September 6, 2018: Reptile Palace
– Haunted Heads, Holly & the Nice Lions (Green Bay, pic), Solar Max
October 11, 2018: Barley & Hops
– Copper Box (pic by Mandy Mitchell), Cold Soda Club (Sheboygan), Auralai
November 1, 2018: O’Marro’s
– Horace Greene (pic by Anthony Montalvo), Redhawks (Appleton), Spy vs Spy
December 6, 2018: Fletch’s
– Redshift Headlights, Tapebenders (Milwaukee), The Present Age (pic)
Information on the bands and venues can be found on the new Oshkosh Music website www.oshkoshmusic.org.
The series leads up to the return of Water City Racket Fest, with the 2019 set for Feb 14-16 (2019). Water City Racket Fest 2019 will feature 3 days of original music in downtown Oshkosh.