The Oshkosh Area United Way will host a Community Cares Drive on Tuesday, March 24, collecting personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies at the Oshkosh Convention Center to assist in replenishing the resources for local healthcare workers and first responders.
Donations can be dropped off in the Convention Center parking lot just off Ceape Avenue between 12 pm and 4 pm. A drive-thru station will be set up in the parking lot to receive donations and regulate direct contact with individuals. Donors are asked to pay attention to signage and traffic enforcement officers.
The following supplies will be accepted:
- Sterile and non-sterile gloves – unopened boxes, latex-free preferred
- Hand sanitizer – unopened containers
- Bleach bottles or sprays – unopened containers
- Bleach wipes – unopened containers
- Eye protection and goggles – unused in box or wrapper
- Clear face shields – these look like welders mask but are translucent—unused only
- Masks – tie, ear loop – unopened boxes only (no cloth or handmade masks)
- Respirator masks – N95, N99, P100 – all sizes in unopened boxes / extra filters also needed
- PAPR respirators – 3M or MaxAir – unused. Hoods, filters, batteries, chargers, tubes to go with these units are also needed.
- Disposable gowns – unused isolation gowns
- Shoe covers – unopened boxes
- Biohazard bags – unused
- Hydrogen Peroxide – unopened bottles
These items will be distributed to Oshkosh health care providers, law enforcement, EMS/paramedics, first responders and community volunteers assisting with the response. PPE supplies are in short supply during this response and any donations are appreciated.